More Fall Cozy Mysteries from Kensington Publishing
Check out the latest cozy mysteries this October from Kensington Cozies!
MURDER ON THE POET’S WALK by Ellery Adams, A Book Retreat Mystery #8
On Sale September 27th, 2022 / ISBN 978-1-4967-2948-4
For bibliophiles who love Rita Mae Brown and Alexander McCall Smith comes the latest witty story in the beloved series set at Virginia’s book-themed resort, Storyton Hall, from the New York Times bestselling author. In this latest literary mystery, a killer inspired by Lord Alfred Tennyson’s “The Lady of Shallot” doesn’t stanza chance with resort manager Jane Steward is on the case!
When corpses clutching poems begin turning up around Storyton Hall, Jane Steward is on the trail of someone exercising poetic license to kill and is determined to keep her fairytale resort from turning into a southern gothic…
As Jane eagerly anticipates the wedding of her best friend Eloise Alcott, Storyton Hall is overrun with poets in town to compete for a coveted greeting card contract. They’re everywhere, scrawling verses on cocktail napkins in the reading rooms or seeking inspiration strolling the Poet’s Walk, a series of trails named after famous authors. But the Tennyson Trail leads to a grim surprise: a woman’s corpse drifting in a rowboat on a lake, posed as if she were “The Lady of Shallot.”
When a second body is discovered, also posed as a poetic character, a recurring MO emerges. Fortunately, Jane is well versed in sleuthing and won’t rest until she gives the killer a taste of poetic justice…
MURDER IN A CAPE COTTAGE by Maddie Day, A Cozy Capers Book Group, Mystery #4
On Sale September 27th, 2022 / ISBN 978-1-4967-3567-6
It’s beginning to look a lot like murder in Agatha-awarding winning author Maddie Day’s latest Cozy Capers Book Group Mystery, as Cape Cod bike shop owner Mackenzie “Mac” Almeida and her book club sleuths must solve a murder before Mac and her fiancée’s New Years Eve wedding…
‘Tis the day after Christmas, following a wicked-busy time of year for Mac’s bike shop. It’s just as well her Cozy Capers Book Group’s new pick is a nerve-soothing coloring book mystery, especially when she has last-minute wedding planning to do. But all pre-wedding jitters fade into the background when Mac and her fiancé, Tim, begin a cottage renovation project and open up a wall to find a skeleton—sitting on a stool, dressed in an old-fashioned bridal gown . . .
As Mac delves into the decades-old mystery with the help of librarian Flo and her book group, she discovers a story of star-crossed lovers and feuding families worthy of the bard himself. Yet this tale has a modern-day villain still lurking in Mac’s quaint seaside town, ready to make this a murderous New Year’s Eve . . .
A FEW DROPS OF BITTERS by G. A. McKevett, A Savannah Reid Mystery #6
On Sale September 27th, 2022 / ISBN 978-1-4967-2017-7
In the final installment of the long-running mystery series starring plus-sized Southern PI Savannah Reid, an upscale party ends with murder, drawing clues from famous guests may prove trickier than squeezing into an old pair of skinny jeans…
- FINAL INSTALLMENT IN LONG-RUNNING SERIES: A Few Drops of Bitters is the 26th installment and last installment of the Savannah Reid Mysteries.
- PLUS-SIZED SOUTHERN PI: This series features the featuring plus-sized PI, a transplanted Georgia peach with a ravenous appetite for justice and a healthy appreciation of her own abundant curves. She and her Moonlight Magnolia Detective Agency enjoy good food, each another’s company, and taking a bite out of crime in an exclusive California beach town.
- FOR FANS OF: Southern-set cozies by authors such as Krista Davis, Miranda James, Lisa Childs, and Susan M. Boyer. Also appeals to readers who enjoy series featuring full-figured sleuths, such as Meg Cabot’s Heather Wells Mysteries and Diane Mott Davidson’s Goldy Bear Mysteries.
- COZY WITH CATS: Savannah owns two black mini-panthers (cats) named Diamante and Cleopatra. Her grandmother has a Bloodhound, called Colonel Beauregard.
- ENGAGED AUTHOR: G.A. McKevett is a member of Mystery Writers of America. She formerly wrote romance under the name Sonja Massie.
- SUBRIGHTS SUCCESS: The Savannah Reid Mysteries do well with subrights. In addition to audio, large print rights for all of the recent Savannah Reid mysteries have sold to Thorndike, and several books in the series have been selections of the Mystery Guild.
- NOW IN PAPERBACK: A Few Drops of Bitters was published in hardcover in August 2021 and is now available in paperback for the first time.
- SPIN-OFF SERIES: In addition to the long-running Savannah Reid Mysteries, G.A. McKevett launched a new spin-off series, the Granny Reid Mysteries, which debuted in November 2018 to much acclaim.
Kensington Publishing is a paid sponsor of Wonder Women Sixty. Photo provided by Kensington Publishing.