A Cool Jolt: Coffee Ice Cream
As the saying goes, “you scream, I scream, we all scream for ice cream” especially in the hot summer months. Ice cream is a refreshing treat for all ages, and stores are touting every kind of ice-cream imaginable. Coffee Lovers Rejoice: This year I’ve seen more coffee ice-cream brands hit the stores than previous years, and I’m sure enjoying that extra cool (and groovy) caffeine jolt!
My two favorite coffee ice cream picks: The Trader Joe’s brand Coffee ice cream and Breyers Coffee Ice cream (made with rich Colombian Coffee)! They’ve been rocking my summer!
Here are some EASY ways to enjoy your Coffee ice-cream:
– Nothing Fancy: just a plain scoop of it in a bowl. Optional: add a crunchy vanilla cookie, butter cookie or wafer as a garnish.
– Milk Shake: An easy “old-school” treat: just shake up milk with a scoop or two of coffee ice-cream or go up a notch and shake up the milk with a scoop of coffee ice cream AND a scoop of chocolate ice cream…a coffee mocha dream!
– Ice Cream Sandwich: Add a scoop of coffee ice cream between two hard/crisp vanilla cookies or between 2 vanilla Pizzelles (Pizzelles are round, flat crisp Italian wafer/cookies). Chocolate lovers: use chocolate cookies or chocolate Pizzelles instead of vanilla.
– Drizzled Cone: Drop a scoop or two into your favorite cone. Upgrade it with a drizzle of your favorite chocolate syrup.
– Deluxe Ice Coffee: Mix a dollop (or two) of coffee ice cream to your iced coffee. Upgrade it with a drizzle of your favorite chocolate syrup and/or whipped cream. Garnish: sugar cookie or wafer.
– Smoothie: Experiment to create your own perfect smoothie. Blend a smoothie with some milk, plain yogurt, and a scoop of coffee ice cream. Jazz it up by adding one or more of these: leftover cold coffee, chocolate or vanilla ice cream, drizzle of chocolate syrup.
LEFTOVER COFFEE TIPS:
REFRIGERATE LEFTOVER BREWED COFFEE(it will still taste fresh the next day):
– Mix a small amount of leftover cold coffee with your favorite chocolate topping or syrup (don’t add too much coffee or it will get runny), then pour over vanilla ice-cream.
– Pour leftover coffee over ice for a great iced coffee. Upgrade it by adding a dollop of vanilla, chocolate or coffee ice cream.
– Add some leftover coffee to a glass of chocolate milk.
Keep enjoying your summer! This is a great time to have some fun with coffee ice cream – get it while you can, it’s seasonal. Beat the heat: Stay Coolly Caffeinated!
For sponsorship info contact: email@example.com.